Skip to main content



University Recreation (UREC) membership is offered to currently enrolled students, Faculty, Staff and their dependents, Retirees, UNC Charlotte Affiliates and UNC Charlotte Business Partners.


UREC members have access to a wide range of programs, services, and amenities. Below we have highlighted a number of benefits available to our members.



A currently employed UNC Charlotte faculty and/or staff member. Only full-time, permanent employees are eligible for payroll deduction for UREC membership.


Must be retired faculty/staff member of UNC Charlotte.


Employees of an organization that has an existing relationship with UNC Charlotte (i.e. Barnes & Noble, Chartwells). Must obtain a sponsored guest account/49er ID to be eligible for this membership type.

University Business Partner:

Employees of a company leasing space from UNC Charlotte.


Those who graduated from UNC Charlotte with a degree and have registered with the Alumni Affairs office as an Alumni Card holder.


Spouses and dependents of UNC Charlotte Faculty/Staff are eligible for a UREC Membership. Primary member MUST be faculty/staff with UREC membership. 

Non Assessed Student:

A current UNC Charlotte student that has not been assessed a Student Fee for Recreation as part of their tuition.

Summer Student:

UREC provides a variety of summer membership opportunities for students.

*At times, facilities will be unavailable due to various events. Please check our facilities page for the most updated hours.

**Participation in recreational activities at UNC Charlotte is voluntary and at the risk of the participant.

***Membership and access to UREC facilities are revocable licenses and UREC reserves the right to revoke, suspend, or terminate any membership or facility access for conduct UREC determines to be improper or for failure to comply with UREC policies, rules, regulations, or other reasonable instructions or directions provided by UREC staff. 

****Membership Card Policy: If a member forgets their UREC membership card, they are allowed one entry per semester with proof of identification via a Government issued ID. If a member has lost their card, a replacement can be purchased for $10. If a card is damaged, a replacement card can be issued at no additional charge to the patron. Note: this only applies to UREC Membership Cards, not University IDs.


Email or call 704-687-0430 for more information.